Saturday, June 28, 2008

State of the Union report

The following email was sent to the Hunters group today. I have made some slight changes to the content, including using initials to preserve people's privacy.

How do you like the title of the the subject? I shall be doing periodic updates on the number of found classmates.

You can't imagine, until I tell you, that the class of 67 has found 53 classmates. Yes, that's an amazing 60% of their population. They achieved it before the launch of the KCC Alumni Search project. Take a moment to visit their web site http://www.cca.cc/kcc/ I tried a couple times to invite their webmaster, PL, to join the Hunters group in vain. He said he had a very simple mandate - to find the lost classmates of their own year. My reply to him was that I had a very simple mandate too - to find the lost classmates of all years.

'68 now has 12 found classmates, a pretty good number.

With the inclusion of ST, 5 classmates from '69 has been found. I have invited WH to join us.

'70 and '74 are tied with 19 found classmates. I am looking forward for the day when they break the magic number 20.

I am excited that '71 has surpassed '70 and '74 to reach the magic number 20! HC and KO ('71) should thank WL ('70) for introducing FY ('71) who in turn referred 3 other classmates from her class.

On the other hand, '73 is still leading you by a slight margin. They are now 23.

'72 stays at a top record of 75 found classmates. This number won't be reached by other classes any time soon, but we can't be complacent. Add oil, HK and YS!

'75 has made progress to reach the lucky number 8.

'77 is catching up fast. They are now 14 strong. Watch out for this dark horse!

Last but not least, I have been wondering why nobody has referred anyone from the class of 76. Today, I am happy to advise that they have "broken the egg". I have yet to discover whether the 2 found classmates have been in touch with each other before I found them.

So until the next report, here are the latest records:

1967: 54
1968: 12
1969: 05
1970: 19
1971: 20
1972: 75
1973: 23
1974: 19
1975: 08
1976: 02
1977: 14

Cheers,
-mw ('72)


No comments: