Thursday, June 12, 2008

KCC Alumni, unite!

Dear Kiangsu-Chekiang College Alumni,

I am Leung Man-wah , a F.5 graduate of the Class of 1972. Your names have been given to me by other alumni via personal connections.

To me, secondary school classmates are one of the most valuable types of friends. Since 2006, I created KCC1972 Yahoo Group to foster communication between my classmates. The group has grown from 40+ members to 70 in May 2008, with most of the growth in 2008 through active searching.

Our mother school is celebrating her 50th anniversary in December 2008, which will be an important date in the college’s history. The college and the KCC Alumni Association are planning to organize a school Open Day and a reunion dinner.

Though it looks like an appalling task, I have committed to Principal Fong to help find long disconnected alumni of other graduation classes, because I want you all to share my joy of being able to reconnect with some of the best friends whom you miss. This is my crude vision of the 3 phases of the project:

PHASE 1
1. Extend the people search from my graduating year of 1972 by 10 years, i.e. to cover all schoolmates who graduated between 1967 and 1977.
2. Get initial contacts of each graduation year via personal connections.
3. Recruit “Hunter Champions” from the initial contacts.
4. Set up a committee of the Champions, with 1 to 5 persons from each of the eleven graduation classes.

PHASE 2
1. Share and grow with them on the tricks of the people-search trade.
2. Help each of the 10 graduation classes set up their class forum.
3. Document people search techniques.

PHASE 3
1. Set up a database of alumni contact information
2. Extend the scope to cover all graduation years

I am looking for volunteers from each graduation class to become Hunter Champions. If you share my aspiration, come join me. Together we will apply "The power of 10” to unite the alumni into a more cohesive body.

No comments: